Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Spirituality - Shamanism - Druidry - Witchcraft - Occult - New Age Thought

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wiccans in the military

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

Wiccans in the military Empty
PostSubject: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

I recently read a story of a christian Army chaplain that converted to wicca and effectively added the wiccan religion to the Chaplain Corps. When I find the story, I'll edit this post and put it here.

Does anyone here know any Wiccans in the military, either openly practicing or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/ryangoodlett
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Off topic but I read about the person in the military that was forced to run until lethal exaustion and was driven to suicide by his fellow officers.
It makes me hate everything about this countries military.

I'd love to join it for all the oppurtunites that come from it,
but I can't stand being pushed/bossed around like they do.
I'd go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Was he wiccan??? Or was this just an unfortunate hazing? Either way its terrible.
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 pm

I doubt he was pagan in anyway. He called his mom every week and told her that they were stealing his things and physically assulting him every day.
There was nothing she could do.
After a long day of running with bricks and heavy stones in his pockets, he went home and they started attacking him.
He called his mom and told her goodbye.
Then shot himself that night.
Back to top Go down
Bryan_Cincy

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 pm

I was a Wiccan in the military.. I went to boot camp in Ft Benning Ga.. it was around Samhain.. And they actually let us all out of training in order to hold a circle.. There were a few dissenters in the training company.. But they seemed toshut up when i looked at em.. hehe
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 am

I find that very surprising.
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 am

Its getting more accepted nowadays, but you still have to be with exactly the right group, the tolerant group lol. When I lived in TN, it was just plain unacceptable to do it anywhere that people actually knew of. You had to sneak around like batman just to hold a seasonal ritual in a place that wasnt your home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiccans in the military   Wiccans in the military Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiccans in the military
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Age Thought :: Cincinnati Pagan Networking: Wicca, Druidry, Celtic Shamanism, etc.-
Jump to: