Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Spirituality - Shamanism - Druidry - Witchcraft - Occult - New Age Thought

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Books and resources

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

Books and resources Empty
PostSubject: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am

The first book I ever bought when first researching Magic and Wicca was ''The Witch and Wizard Training Guide'' by Sirona Knight. I was 13 at the time, and that one book launched me into dozens and dozens more books which I have studied since then. With the guidance from family and other mentors, research of my own and my spiritual journey of enlightenment over the years I came to rest my soul upon the teachings of Druidry and Earth Mysticism.

Over the years of accumulation. I now have an extensive library on:
- Witchcraft
- Wicca
- Druidry
- Shamanism
- Divination (mostly Earth)
- ESP
- Transcendental Meditation
- Shapeshifting
- Taoism

In the non-pagan spectrum, I also have:

- Ancient History
- World Mythologies/Theologies
- Platonism or Platonic Philosophy
- Modern History (U.S.A, Native American, European)
- Classical Art/Literature
- Shakespearean Literature
- Political Essays

When we start scheduling meetings and group rituals/discussions, I will let anyone within the group borrow a book(s) as they need it. Please post what books you have on the subject of Earth Spirituality or anything else! I love to read, so if you have something to suggest I buy, please dont hesitate to do so.

Lets hear it, what are some books you'd like to talk about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/ryangoodlett
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 am

*bump*.. cmon guys you have books, i know it! lol
Back to top Go down
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:06 am

One of my favorite authors is Emma Restall Orr. She is a British druid. You should check out her books if you're interested in that sort of thing. As an example of her methodology, in her book of rituals, she doesn't give you the information in a "say this, then light a candle over here and say that" sort of approach. It's much more open and creative, where you are forced to really make your own prayers and rituals personal by using your own words and understanding. It really helps the pagan/heathen/etc. grow in their relationship to nature and the divine instead of relying on someone else's interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 am

I love anything by Scott Cunningham.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon

Jonathon

PostSubject: recommendation   Books and resources Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:51 pm

I don't own a copy, but I've read it... The book is "Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism" by D.J. Conway. It's not exactly Druidism, but I hope it helps.Smile
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:39 pm

I just bought that book actually! Its about Celtic Shamanism, the less well-known celtic mysticism and spirituality. I have only just started it though. Its very intriguing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books and resources   Books and resources Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books and resources
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Age Thought :: Cincinnati Pagan Networking: Wicca, Druidry, Celtic Shamanism, etc.-
Jump to: