Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Spirituality - Shamanism - Druidry - Witchcraft - Occult - New Age Thought

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm new here.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laurent

Laurent

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm

I doubt many people still get on here, but I'll be checking frequently.
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:14 pm

I still check it periodically as well, but I have been gone for a while and forgot about it!

Welcome Laurent, Im glad to know some people stumble upon the site and say hello! To invite some more discussion, start a topic anywhere and we'll all join in asap.

Where are you from? What do you study(if anything)? =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/ryangoodlett
Laurent

Laurent

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm glad to see you're back.
I'm from Hamilton Oh.
I study just about everything I can.
I have about 20 books on Wicca, but I'd love to learn more about druidism.

What are your personal beliefs Tanulis?
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm

My personal beliefs? Hmm, ok, heres the whole version.

I believe in the most basic of NeoPagan Druidic Theology: Polytheism, Nature Worship and Reincarnation.

Beyond that, here is my personal take on those ideas:

I believe everything in nature (nature obviously includes other planets, stars, galaxies, etc) is connected. I am connected to you through the earth, as well as every living thing in every corner of the universe. As such, nature itself in which were connected to should be loved and worshiped.

We live our lives as best we can, learning and experiencing, and some of us live longer than others. We worship our gods in our own interpretation, be it through monotheism, duotheism, polytheism or something else. Our gods/goddesses are merely an interpretation of our culture, we all just see them differently, and personify them accordingly. Nonetheless, my belief is that the power that we all feel is really the same power, I just personally choose to personify it into multiple gods of different aspects of the world. This may not be what you see when you feel that power, but its still the same.. entity, for lack of a better word. Point is: no spiritual person disputes the power, they just all see it as something different.

When we die, our spirit is transformed into another being to experience life from another perspective. Be it a tree, a stone, a wolf, or another life-form on another planet unknown to humanity. We continue this cycle of life and death as long as we need to until we learn everything there is to learn, and from every perspective. At that point, our spirits ascend to actually become the power that we all feel: the power that guides us all, and is interpreted differently by each person. We merge with the other spirits who have ascended to become part of that universal, all-knowing consciousness and guide every being in the universe. We become the god with no name, and all names.

There is a good synopsis of what I believe, let me know if you have any questions!

-Tanulis
Order of Sucellos
Back to top Go down
Esonstar

Esonstar

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Laurent   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Look forward to reading your posts & hearing your input on topics, again welcome...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/esonstar
Laurent

Laurent

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm

I've believed in reincarnation since I was a small child.

My parents were the not so typical Christians that never go to church. When they found out I didn't believe in their God they shouted intolerant things at me such as "You're going to burn in hell!"
I don't believe in anything following Christs or any likes. I also don't walk up to Christians and tell them they're wrong. If someone tells me that I'm going to burn, then I tell them to stick with their beliefs, and I'll stick with mine.

I'm extremely interested in anything involving nature, despite my geeky IT background.
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Well the Magick portion of Druidry is the belief that the power can be ''called upon'' and used in various ways. I cast simple earth spells mostly: spells for healing, protection, banishment or divination purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm new here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: New Age Thought :: Cincinnati Pagan Networking: Wicca, Druidry, Celtic Shamanism, etc.-
Jump to: