Earth Spirituality - Shamanism - Druidry - Witchcraft - Occult - New Age Thought

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Winter solstice idea

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ardillita

Winter solstice idea Empty
PostSubject: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Sorry I haven't written lately- I had a death in the family and have been dealing with all that. Anyway, my husband was thinking of an idea for the solstice- it's actually a couple of days before -but Dec 19th (a Saturday) we could all go to Serpent Mound in Adams County. It is open 10-4. Naturally the place is going to be cold, and it's pretty open (there are walking trails through the woods though), but it would be an interesting trip. There are Amish stores around (bakery, cheese, etc.) and of course a McDonald's nearby (of course). =)
There is a lighting of the Serpent (candles?)also the day after (I won't be able to make it there that late but it's an option).
Anybody interested?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Thats a great idea, what time would be best to meet there? BTW Im terribly sorry for your loss, =( I hope youre coping well enough, and you can always talk to Leah or I if you ever need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reverbnation.com/ryangoodlett
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Many thanks for your good wishes. The best time to arrive would probably be around 11:30 am. Carpooling/ driving there in a group might not be a bad idea as it's a bit of a drive (I could do it in my sleep, although sleeping while driving is maybe inadvisable). Let me know!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 pm

I'd love to join if I could get a ride. My car just broke down two days ago. We can't find out what's wrong with it. I stalled out in the middle of a turn onto a busy intersection. Nearly got rammed. :/

I'm sorry about your loss Ardillita. I hope you're feeling better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm

That would be no problem! =) Hope your car feels better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Neither Leah or I would be able to go on saturday, Im so dumb I didnt read all of your post. I work 7-3, so I would have been able to go after, but LEah closes on that day 2-1030

Could anyone meet on friday? =( *super sad face*
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm

I can meet Friday. Can I bring a friend? Where would we meet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 am

Oh no! I can't make it Friday. It's probably the one Friday of the year I have had previous plans forever!! Have fun though.....without moi....hee hee!
Laurent, still interested in coming this Saturday or do you want to make it another time? My husband and I will be driving there regardless, so let me knooooooww...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:42 am

My car seemed to be running okay monday, but it was acting a bit odd. I was headed to Chipolte with a few friends. I get to the light on Route 4 that intersects with the McDonalds in Fairfield. As I slow down at the yellow light, it stalls out and shuts down. I make it into the parking lot on my right just barely on the bit of potential energy the wheels had left. After 20 minutes of attempting to restart it, it finally works. I get to the same light, as I pull out, and the car stalls again! I'm stuck for 3 light cycles, with four people behind me honking like crazy(Hazard lights aren't working), trying to restart my car. Again, it finally starts. I get about 8 meters, and it does it again! I pull into Dixie mart, just barely, and park and leave it. We walked about 3 miles just to get our burritos at the Chipolte next to jungle jim's. We were at the jungle all day.
Fun little story of mine.
Long day. That night my dad picked it up and managed to get it home.
My car is forever dead. :[

I'd love to come Saturday. Are you sure you wouldn't mind bringing me along? I promise not to be trouble. :]
What times/days/fixed amount of time would it take place?

Tanulis, do you still want to meet up Friday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 am

As far as Saturday, the drive itself is maybe one and a half hours, then we would be around the Amish areas and the Serpent Mound for at least two hours (because it would be kinda silly to not spend any time there). We really play it by ear, so there is no definite schedule. If you have to be nack a certain time, let me know. Want to meet at Jungle Jims/Starbucks again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:53 am

Laurent: Hey since I cant make it on Saturday, we could meet at starbucks on Friday just to talk. I'll bring Leah with me and ,we can trade some more books (I still have yours lol). I wont be able to make it to Serpent Mound however. *sad face*

Ardillitta: if you take Laurent with you, think of mee! lol I really wish I could come!
Back to top Go down
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Tanulis, don't worry, we'll think of you! As in "Why isn't Tanulis here freezing his butt off with the rest of us"? Hee hee. We should all go on a field trip somewhere in the spring maybe...but til then, I will see y'all soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm excited. :] Alright what time Tanulis?

As for Saturday, I have no schedule. I checked just to make sure. I'm all clear. I'm sure it will be quite fun. I don't know where we should meet. If it would be convenient, I could get dropped off at the Jungle.

Spring spring spring.
I spent went to a summer beltaine celebration in Batavia. There's a neat park there that I really enjoyed. I ran up and down the creek/river not even worrying about clothes, money, or anything else that was on me. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Laurent: How about in the evening? about 630 or 7???
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:15 pm

7 is fine. I just bought a very comical book called Dewitched. It seems to be a guide for teens to avoid modern day "wiccans and witches".

Section from book:
Magical books:
(blah blah blah magical books are a scam)
Two books that are noteworthy are The Necrinomicon and Books of Shadows.
(Detailed description of the Necrinomicon)
(In depth "description" of what a Book of shadows is)

This kind of stuff angers me.
The Necrinomicon is a completely false book made up by H.P. Lovecraft (The father of horror novels). If you're going to give a description of a book that doesn't exist, then at least research it enough to find out that it is NOT REAL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 pm

LOL thats terrible, I have to see the book! And of course its fake, but HP Lovecraft is pretty amazing, apparently amazing enough to make a fake book believable lol.
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 am

I thought I would get a good guffaw out of reading it, but the book just angered me. Basically, in summarization of the first chapter, Any kind of pagan (From shamanism to druid to you name it) is automatically a Wiccan. All Wiccans wear only black, and All Wiccans are automatically Satanists.
It was written by an Evangelist. Probably someone from the church that Jesus Camp came from.
I detest some people, but only because they push their views, and everyone else is completely wrong about everything they say unless it's exactly like that person says it.

Anyway, I'm ready for Friday and Saturday. Both days should be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:02 am

You saw Jesus Camp?? That movie was like a horror flick! Those poor kids! You should try and see Religulous if you haven't already. It's kind of preachy but still funny.
Anyway, what about getting together at Starbucks at Jungle Jim's Saturday (inside this time)- is 11:30 a.m. good?
By the way, I am wearing a black skirt today....black is very slimming. So there, Mr. Evangelist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 am

Of course. I love independent films. I asked some people what they're favorite movies were. Someone randomly blurted out Jesus Camp. That woman is terrible, using children as an accesory.

Yeah, I can be there that early. :] No problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 am

Laurent- I am so sorry. I am sick and can't make it tomorrow. My hubby said it's going to snow a lot but I think he just told me that to make me feel better...sniff. We will have to reschedule for when they reopen (they close for a few months). Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm

It's fine. No worries.
That just means I won't be worried about waking up tomorrow. :]
I really do hope you feel better.
I see this just as a better opportunity. Next time hopefully Tanulis can come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ardillita

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks for understanding! I am so out of it I sound like I'm drugged hee hee zzzzzzzzz
It would be good to get together with Tanulius & Leah too.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:27 pm

We still meeting tonight Laurent?? Sorry youre feeling unwell Ardillita =( *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Tanulis
Admin
Tanulis

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Actually, Laurent. Lemme edit that. I have to cancel, and reschedule for tomoro most likely since I'll be in fairfield most of the afternoon/evening. But I cant say why over the forum. Text me at 513-295-2638 and I'll tell you. Sorry! =(!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laurent

Laurent

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm excited to see you play this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter solstice idea   Winter solstice idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter solstice idea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next